Restoring & Maintaining Roofs in Eastern Washington
Silverbow Roofing, Inc. has been delivering quality roof repair and maintenance services in Kennewick since 1988. We’ve repaired over 20,000 roofs and helped numerous homeowners prevent premature roof replacement through essential maintenance. Whether you are looking to prevent or repair damage to your roof, we’re the team to trust for excellent results. We aim to meet or exceed your expectations in every project we take on!
How Often Should I Inspect My Roof?
You should inspect your roof at least once a year, ideally during the spring or fall. After severe weather, like storms or heavy snow, check for damage. Inspect your roof if you've had recent home renovations, such as adding vents or solar panels. Before and after buying a new home, have it checked. If you notice problems, don't wait for the annual check—address them promptly.
During an inspection, look for damaged shingles, leaks, damaged flashing, and make sure the roof is clear of debris, like leaves. If you're unsure, consider hiring a professional. Regular checks help find issues early and extend your roof's life.
Contact us now at (509) 402-2802 to ask all your questions related to the maintenance of your dependable sloped roof.
As your home’s first line of defense against the elements, your roof endures a lot. From constant exposure to the hot sun to the battering of forceful winds to fallen trees, there are several ways your roof can become damaged. Your roof may even require repairs because of improper installation. Whatever specific issue you’re facing with your roof, you can trust the experts at Silverbow Roofing, Inc. to offer a reliable solution.
Common types of roof damage that signal the need for repair include:
- Membrane damage – Cracks, splits, or tears in roof membranes can compromise the integrity of your roof. Whether these are due to sun damage, high winds, excessive foot traffic, or a variety of other causes, failing membrane sections should be repaired to prevent leaks and additional structural damage to your home.
- Uplifted roofing materials – Strong winds can cause shingles to lift off the roof, making your roofing system susceptible to leaks. If you notice any materials are missing or flapping in the wind, it's important to schedule prompt repairs to avoid water infiltration and additional damage to your roof.
- Ponding water – If you have standing water on your roof long after a rainstorm, it can indicate an issue with your roof drainage system. The problem could also be due to a sub-roof settling problem.
- Faulty flashing – Damaged flashing can be a source of water intrusion. Even if the flashing appears to be intact, there can be hidden cracks or other separations that have been caused by high wind damage or heat expansion.
- Drain and gutter issues – When drains and gutters become loose or cracked, it can allow water to enter your home. Even if the rest of your roofing system is performing optimally, faulty drains and gutters can cause extensive damage to your property.
“You've earned my recommendation for anyone needing roofing work”- Heriberto B.
You’re aware that your car requires regular service appointments. However, did you know that your roof needs maintenance as well? Most people don’t think about getting an annual roof inspection, but this is a critical part of protecting your investment. Roof maintenance involves checking all the vulnerable areas on your roof that are susceptible to developing a problem. Often the process entails removing moss and algae from roof shingles and applying a treatment to prevent future growth. Sometimes homeowners even wish to apply a roof coating, which acts as a layer of protection to improve the durability and resilience of their roofing systems.
Whatever your roofing needs, you can count on Silverbow Roofing, Inc. to provide the best possible solution. With 35 years of experience, our team is equipped to handle it all!